Thursday, December 19, 2013

Sunrise, Toynbee Tiles and flashes of orange


 It was a gorgeous morning, so I decided to take the silver bike down to Point State Park for my final opportunity to get shots of the tree lit with a stunning sunrise.

Hurry and get over there before they switch off the tree!



They turned the lights off right after I got this shot.























The moon made an appearance too.

 Then, it was off to see if I could get some shots of 2 of the remaining Toynbee Tiles. When I first moved to Pittsburgh, I remember being very curious about them. These were pre-Internet days and research was difficult until I found websites about them years later. Many of the originals are gone, but a Toynbee culture still exists in Philadelphia.










Later in the day on my lunch hour, I ran into E and S again and was delighted to have some company and conversation.






I love her Santa hat bike helmet.


YTD Miles: 554
BMI: 25.3



2 comments:

  1. Have you seen the downtown Toynbee Tile with the woman's leg framing the tile?

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's one pair of small legs on the one at Oliver, but I think I remember one with two sets of legs further down Smithfield. Maybe I'm thinking of this one: http://www.flickr.com/photos/xwrn/539444832/ I wonder if it's still there...

    ReplyDelete

Red LOVES comments, make Red's day! Your comments will be posted after Red gets around to hitting that 'moderate' button.