Saturday, April 11, 2015

Nature: powerful and beautiful


Friday I saw some badassery that I was rather jealous of:

The RiverWalk was flooded after vicious storms, the wind was whipping waves and debris onto it as well. As I was taking a photo, a cyclist appeared, he had ridden through all the water and mud and river flotsam. I gave him a "Nicely done!" as he approached and he told me there wasn't too much splashing. I was actually thinking: "You're crazy!"



Dude...



The ankle is turning some interesting colors:

Lines: tube sock indentations... not a strange rash!


I've crocheted a  cozy for my u-lock.
Why?
Because I can.

You know you want one.



Saturday was glorious, I spent much of the day riding.





Some kite flyers.

The bollards are in on the Clemente Bridge bike lane!

Rode out to the Waterfront and found a huge patch of daffodils on the way.








On the way back, several motorists were rather unkind if not murderous towards me.


After dinner, a glorious sunset over swollen rivers.











3 comments:

  1. I like your U Lock cozy! What kind of yarn did you use? Is it just rows of single crochet?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's just some cheap Red Heart acrylic stuff... I used a single stitch... because that's the only stitch I know. Double and triple stitches are just too difficult for me.

      Delete
    2. And thanks! It's already getting torn up by the velcro inside the u-lock holder and really dirty too. I'm not sure how long it'll last.

      Delete

Red LOVES comments, make Red's day! Your comments will be posted after Red gets around to hitting that 'moderate' button.