Thursday, June 2, 2016

For Whom the Bell Tolls, and The Ride of Silence that wasn't.

I recently had my final chemo infusion. 6 months, 16 rounds and numerous side effects later... I got to ring the Bell, my coworkers threw a party for me with macaroni and cheese and 4 different types of pie. I like pie.





DING!

Stella, one of my favorite techs at the center.

Me= not brave.

We were all set to take part in the Ride of Silence, as we waited and socialized before the ride, birds took a liking to our  bikes, they landed on several bikes handlebars and fenders. Interesting behavior.

However, as the throngs assembled, I had a vicious bout of chemo-fatigue set in and we decided to wait out the episode on the benches. The riders left, and when I felt well enough to ride 20 -30 minutes later, we rode home.



Marko and I made the rounds of many of the Bike to Work Day cafes and socialized with our fellow bikey people.

My next course of treatments is 6 weeks of daily radiation zaps and daily doses of anti-estrogen therapy.

SIGH...
Can I get another pie party when those are completed too?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Red LOVES comments, make Red's day! Your comments will be posted after Red gets around to hitting that 'moderate' button.