Friday, June 27, 2014

Soldier Ride and Critical Mass in the South Hills



I passed by the Duquesne Incline's parking lot on my morning ride to see preparations for this year's Soldier Ride.

Here's some info I found on last year's ride: http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2013/06/28/vets-take-solider-ride-with-wounded-warrior-project/

 Critical Mass Ride

I set out after work to attend my first CM ride. I had time to grab a bite at Conflict Kitchen. My choice was rather ironic as we were about to be verbally accosted.


 A group of 9 in total. We rode the foreboding hills of the South. Hills, Hills and more damned Hills. Aggressive drivers shouting obscenities at us reared their ugly heads too.


Some video of unkind drivers (12:12)
http://youtu.be/28MjRrwpAiM?t=12m12s




The hills, wow. They whooped my ass.  The downhill was awesome though.

Fastest speed recorded, ever.


 I managed to shave a whole 23 seconds off my 18th Street climb. I also did much better on Polish Hill.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Red LOVES comments, make Red's day! Your comments will be posted after Red gets around to hitting that 'moderate' button.