Thursday, September 4, 2014

Enablers of my addictions.

Food:

I have a co-worker whom I say to "You're the DEVIL!" whenever she does things like this:


Lincoln bakery donuts.

Her candy 'bowl'
The candy bowl doesn't have the crappy hard candies and peppermints, she's got the gooood stuff in there: Reese's, Almond Joy, Special Dark...Why does she enable my food addiction? I've told her I have sugar (hypoglycemia) issues, she's an EMT too!


Bags:


I needed to outfit Fizz with panniers, I had fun choosing those.
But, I was trying to find a bag to tote around my essentials in. I was searching Goodwill and other thrift stores for a bag that would fit my needs and coming up empty.
I'm loving on Rickshaw Bagworks. You can build your own messenger bag in the colors and accessories of your choosing. I really enjoyed that. They also have a fun option where they'll post a photo to your Twitter feed of your custom bag when they're done sewing it up in the factory. Whoa, I needed that.

However, my bag's Tweet went haywire and they posted my home address for every Rickshaw Bagworks follower to see. I didn't need that. Thankfully, it was only up for 4 minutes or so before they deleted it and apologized.



Well, this is my new hi-viz waterproof bag. I love it even if it didn't burn the retinas of everyone watching Rickshaw Bagworks' Twitter feed.






Compulsive Behaviours:


When I passed by this bike, I was drawn to it: what in the hell happened here? I wanted so very badly to untangle this mess.







I wondered how this person transported their cable about while they were riding... did they need a huge backpack for it?
What was the point in all the extra cable? To trip up bike thieves? To distract them?

I had these images in my head:





Anyway, on a lighter note... ones that don't involve my addictive, compulsive tendencies:

BIKE LANES!
I checked out today's continuing work on the Penn Ave bike lanes . More signs, more paint. So happy. A few drivers are still under the impression that Penn is open to motor vehicles. I came face to face with one confused driver in the Strip and had to tell him he was going the wrong way down a one-way street. I felt a certain extra sense of camaraderie with the other cyclists in our new bike lane, I smiled broadly at them as they approached. I thought they'd have the same happy 'new bike lane' feeling, but they ignored me and didn't return my greetings. Meh.





The Drive With Care campaign:



Bus shelter ad on the Blvd

My Spoke Card.



1 comment:

  1. DONUTS!!! I love you bag. I need something bright and then a Tweet with my address. Sheesh, now you will get creepy fan mail! Maybe someone will send you donuts and candy. Those spoke cards are so cool. Maybe I can convince some force here in Seattle to make ones.

    ReplyDelete

Red LOVES comments, make Red's day! Your comments will be posted after Red gets around to hitting that 'moderate' button.