- Price: in the $30 range.
- Convenience: USB rechargeable. No stinking alkalines to leak or replace. It's a good idea to charge it frequently, but you can forget to charge it for several uses and it's not going to die on you.
- Battery life: 2 hours on steady mode. 200 hours on blinking mode. WOW. I've been using and recharging the light for almost two years and it's had no issues.
- Versatility: you can clip it to your helmet, clip it to a pannier, mount it to your frame, you choose.
- Brightness: 30 Lumens. Yes, this is a bright light. see my video below.
- Flash modes: Steady, single blink, double blink, random blink and pulse. You can even adjust the speed of the blink and pulse modes easily.
- Durability: I've used the light in rain, snow, and bitter cold. I've dropped it and whacked it against doorjambs. It's still working.