Wednesday, January 14, 2015

This is your knee...

...and this is your knee on drugs. Lots of drugs. 800mg ibuprofen 3 times a day. I still cannot completely straighten my left knee. My surgeon will be digging around inside it later this month with the warning: "I might get in there and see that it's a lost cause and then we can look at replacement."

The MRI. Sadly, this view doesn't show the larger meniscus tear and the chunk that's floating around. 



X-RAYS:


I've been putting off taking Fizz out of my office. For two weeks now I've been making excuses for not placing Fizz in the storage room. I've not tried to get on the bike for fear of twisting my knee, it's had good days and bad days since the injury. It's also been insanely cold: like single digits and teens cold. I resigned myself to a non-cyclist's life, albeit temporarily. I rolled Fizz out of my office and back to the bike storage area with Ruby. I noted a thick coating of dust on Ruby and cleaned her off.

At least they aren't using the bike storage area as a workspace and throwing garbage onto the bikes.

What bothers me more than my inability to ride is that I've become accustomed to not riding. It's going to be hard to get back into my habits and routine.

A balmy 21! That's OK, I can ride when it's warmer.

2 comments:

  1. Based on my own personal experience, I find it only takes 4 days off the bike to get out of the routine of not riding. I've also concluded that my bike riding is over until the end of the month. It's just to darn cold!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keeping my fingers crossed for you, fellow ginger!

    ReplyDelete

Red LOVES comments, make Red's day! Your comments will be posted after Red gets around to hitting that 'moderate' button.