Friday, July 17, 2015

Bridge Sprints: winning! Flock and crotchcam

I saw some iconic Pittsburgh things today:
Andy Warhol, not on the Warhol Bridge.

A 40-foot inflatable pickle. Yum.

I've become fond of short, Strava sprints, I try and break my PR every chance I get. There are several segments over the Sisters Bridges: the Warhol and Clemente. The Clemente Bridge has a bike lane, and I use it frequently. Tonight's effort was 39 seconds on the outbound.


I'm in the top 10 on the Inbound segment, not shabby.



Holy moly... a QOM? After taking a deeper look at this, it's apparent that getting greenlights at two intersections along this segment are key: if you get both green lights and no oncoming traffic, you can get this QOM. No skill required, just luck.




Tonight was Flock and I stopped at Conflict Kitchen for a snack of Cuban tostones (fried plantains). While I waited, someone waiting in line behind me got really close to the rear camera. Yikes. What are you doing to the back of my bike?!



Alright, that's enough, mister. You need to buy Fizz dinner first!




Strike a pose.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Red LOVES comments, make Red's day! Your comments will be posted after Red gets around to hitting that 'moderate' button.