Thursday, August 6, 2015

My first commute (thou shalt not Cat6 me)

My first commute to work was today. I tried my best to prepare the night before, packing non-wrinkling clothes, making sure my lunch wouldn't leak all over my panniers. I woke up earlier than needed, like a kid on Christmas morning excited to play with new toys.

I knew full well I'd grow tired quickly of the extra work and planning involved with bringing extra clothes. I left early and hoped to stop in the strip for some produce. You know you're too early when even the shops of the Strip aren't open yet.

When I hit the bike lane, I looked in my rearview mirror, I saw 2 cyclists behind me. Filled with the excitement of this new aspect of cycling,  I looked down to see I was cranking out 15 MPH, which is fast for me. Wow, I amped it up to 17 and they were still right behind me and all three of us were getting green light after green light.



"I'm going to pass her..."
Oh, no... you're not.


On the way back home, I stopped to take some shots of this new interactive installation at the Science Center. You can spin the whole thing to get it to twist back and forth. It reminded me of a DNA strand.




The trip home involves going back up Polish Hill. I kept telling myself that this hill will get easier each time I climb it. I fear what it will be like when it's icy.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Red LOVES comments, make Red's day! Your comments will be posted after Red gets around to hitting that 'moderate' button.