Monday, February 9, 2015

Winter commuters and beaver barriers

Ten miles. I rode ten miles today.

I can safely say that while I'm still a bit wobbly mounting the bike... I'm back to baseline. I can ride again. I fully expected to out of commission for much longer, so I couldn't be happier with my post-surgery progress and recovery despite being forced to take way more ibuprofen than I'd like.
I get the stitches out in 2 days and I can't wait. They poke out from underneath my bandages and get caught in my clothes: a total nuisance.
I'll be delighted to bike to the appointment rather than drive as I have been, the parking at my orthopedist's office is five bucks. I hate paying that much to park.

In the morning, I lazily rode into town and up and back through the Penn Ave bike lane. It was cold and damp, not ideal riding weather... but there were so many commuters! I think I counted somewhere between 15 and 17 in my travels. This is as many as I'm used to seeing in fair weather. "Feh!" to those that think bike commuting in Pittsburgh is seasonal. I even saw one woman wearing the same houndstooth Cleverhood that I own!


On my lunch hour, I went down to the Bastille to get some air in my tires and find another piece of ClohnArt cubist/paper artwork that I was alerted to some time ago. I had looked for it previously, but was unsuccessful. I found it today.





I also noted much beaver damage to the newly planted trees that didn't have plastic beaver tubes protecting the trunks. *chomp*
Dam beavers.



Note to self: don't Google "beaver tubes".

By the end of the day, I had reached and surpassed my 10K steps goal on the FitBit for the first time in almost 8 weeks. I can start working off the 10 pounds I gained.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Red LOVES comments, make Red's day! Your comments will be posted after Red gets around to hitting that 'moderate' button.