Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Eleven Degrees

Today was one of those weird weather days where the temperature is in the single digits early in the morning and then well into the 40's by the afternoon.
I wanted to get out of parking my car in Oakland for a physical therapy appointment after work, later in the day, so I decided that using the bike would alleviate the cost and aggravation of car parking.
The temperature was 11 degrees when I left for work in the morning and I prepped with several layers of wool as well as toe and hand warmer packs in my boots and gloves. I also wore ski goggles, but considering how much adjusting and breaking up of the fight going on between my helmet and goggles, I think regular safety glasses would have been a better option.

I lost count of all the other bike commuters I encountered along the way! The number was in the double digits. To see so many others on such a brutally cold morning was my reward.


Ice beard!

The sun was low, bright, cast long shadows and was blinding to those traveling East.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Red LOVES comments, make Red's day! Your comments will be posted after Red gets around to hitting that 'moderate' button.